- Cap organizational expenditures by state political parties (SB612)
- Rollback the Democrats' increase of donor limits to state parties from $10,000 to $5,000 (HB6084)
- Stop state contractor's political donations from being used in state races (SB385)
- Eliminate public campaign financing grants to unopposed candidates (SB224)
- Reduce all public financing campaign grants by 25% ((SB225)
Instead of bi-partisan support for clean elections in Connecticut like we had when the program was created in 2005 under Governor Rell's leadership we have the majority party running roughshod over the program.
An amazing proposal in SB1126 this year is limiting audits of the taxpayer-funded grants to a political campaign. The Democrats don't think they should be audited this year if they had an audit last year. It seems the way state government currently audits businesses, state grant recipients, state contractors and even taxpayers should not apply to the politicians.
How brazen is that?